Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day 2 in London





Ani: On day two we went to the Tate Modern. I really wanted to show Ali this piece I liked by Marislav Balka, but it had already left. We just ambled around the galleries and took pictures of interesting things. Some of the stuff was inspiring, but a lot of it just made you go, "What..."
Then we went to Oxford Circus and Ali got shoes. But I am really picky and didn't get anything. After that we went to have dinner in Hyde Park and we could hear Paul McCartney's concert going on. This was definitely a highlight of the day, to hear him singing live, even though we couldn't actually see the concert.
The raspberries were really nice but the vendor who sold them to us was weird.
At the end of the day, we were pretty tired. We did a lot of walking.

Ali:Day two I felt like a real tourist. At the Tate Modern I gained a better appreciation for abstract art,,it's mostly the process, not the product you have to admire. Though of course the works that actually looked like something were my favorites epecially the paintng I dubbed "lascivious ham" (see above). Oxford Circus has all the shops and being girls, we spent quite a bit too much time perusing the selections without actually buying anything. The best part of the day was just sitting on the grass: outside Tate, eating lunch and then in Hyde Park, listening to Paul McCartney while dozing off.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ali and Ani:

    Did I tell you I ran the Nissan 7.5K? It wasn't easy as the course was basically uphill starting in Tamuning. Uncle Mark ran it with a bad back and then ran back to Agana. He tried to get me to run faster at the end, but the finish was so hard that I couldn't even talk. Morris and I have been walking/running daily, so he's a happy camper. Roy's enjoying tennis every other day, but decided not to do basketball. Dad is getting over his cough and recovering from the Echinoderm workshop. He was on Peggy's radio show the other night and his gravelly voice made him sound very authoritative.

    ReplyDelete